Kealing Magnet Application for the 2022-2023 School Year
Kealing Magnet Application Deadline is January 13, 2023 at 4:30pm.
Admissions Decisions will be emailed NO EARLIER than February 13, 2023 at 5:00 pm.
WHAT DOES THE APPLICATION PROCESS INCLUDE?
In our application, you will find materials that will allow us to assess your qualifications for potential success in our limited enrollment program. All information must be received before your application can be processed and reviewed by a team of teachers. Please do not submit additional materials as only the required items will be evaluated. YOU MUST RESIDE WITHIN AISD BOUNDARIES AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION TO BE ELIGIBLE.
APPLICATION REQUIRED ITEMS:
Items 1-4 will be automatically submitted through the AISD Parent Portal:
- Application Form
- 2022 Assessment Scores (STAAR or MAP)
- 2022 Fall Semester Report Card (current school year)
- TWO Teacher Recommendation forms: 1 from ELAR/SS; 1 from Math/Sci
- Video Presentation
- Admissions Essay Session (in December)
HOW TO APPLY:
STEP 1) Submit the "Common APP for Magnet" through the AISD Parent Portal
You can log back into the Common App at any time to upload supplemental documents as you receive them or check the status of your teacher's recommendation forms.
STEP 2) Upload Video Presentation and Sign up for an Admissions Essay Session in the Kealing Magnet Application Form
- Video Presentation - Students will record a TWO minute video presentation (2 minutes and 30 seconds max) introducing themselves to the selection committee and answer a specific prompt. Click HERE for Video Presentation Directions
- Attend a LIVE Virtual or In-Person Admissions Essay Session - Admissions Test is a 30 minute Timed Essay (shared with Lively Magnet- you only need to complete the essay once to apply to both programs). Click HERE for more information about the Admissions Test and to view testing dates all offered in December 2022 and January 2023.
You can log back into the Kealing Application at any time to upload supplemental documents as you receive them. Please do not submit additional entries - but you may check the email that you provided in the application for an automated response and look for the "Edit Submission" button to re-submit.
STEP 3) Check Your Application Status
Confirmation emails will be sent prior to the January 13th deadline by the Kealing Magnet Program Office. Be sure to check your spam/junk mail folder before contacting the program office about receipt of materials.
Final Admissions Decisions are emailed NO EARLIER than February 13, 2023 at 5:00pm.
Please follow this link for more information about the admissions procedures and application rubric
Applicants must show proof of primary residence within AISD boundaries by the application due date.
Students not currently enrolled in Austin ISD schools must provide a lease, deed, or proof of home purchase showing a primary residence within the Austin ISD boundaries. This proof must be included with the application materials.
Primary residence within AISD boundaries must be maintained in order to remain in the program.