The Mission of AVID is to ensure that ALL students, especially those who are in the academic middle of their class, will:
- Succeed in rigorous curriculum
- Complete a rigorous college preparatory path
- Enter mainstream activities of the school
- Increase their enrollment in four - year colleges
- Become educated and responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society.
AVID's approach is designed to support the students and educators as they increase learning and achievement. Although AVID serves all students, the AVID elective focuses on the least served students in the academic middle. The formula is simple - raise expectations of students and, with the AVID support system in place, they will rise to the challenge.